Studying at ARU London ensures that academic standards and the quality of learning opportunities built into your degree course are at the highest level. We ensure that not only are our lecturers academically highly qualified, but they also boast significant real-world business experience. That’s why all our lecturers are currently working or have worked within the sector they teach. Ensuring students don’t just receive theoretical knowledge from their textbooks but also valuable practical examples.
We are extremely passionate about developing and sharing knowledge, we hope to advance the knowledge of our students and are immensely passionate in the education we deliver.
In a recent analysis of student satisfaction, Anglia Ruskin University London (ARU London) students rated their satisfaction as higher than any other Faculty, with an overall satisfaction rate of 8.3 out of a possible 10.
You can read more about the team around the ARU London student here.
Throughout a student’s life they often collect a small library worth of academic textbooks, these not so little things will help you get a good degree but can also be a financial burden. ARU London knows that the price tag of your reading materials can be very expensive and that is why we support our students by supplying the core textbook for each of your modules for free. For all new students starting in 2021/22, we will be providing e-books instead of a hard copy.
E-books can be delivered to you instantly, they are portable through a mobile device, they accommodate various learning styles and have an interactive search that beats scrolling through hundreds of pages. During your orientation, you will learn how to access your e-books and how best to use them.
Employability is key at ARU London and is delivered through our Employability Scheme. The scheme gives students the chance to be exposed to employers, build their personal capabilities and so maximise their employment potential.
Scholarships of £2,000 are available for the overall top achievers in Year 0, Year 1 and Year 2.
Students with the highest scores in their Year 1 can achieve the Year 2 scholarships and similarly the top achievers from Year 2 can qualify for the Year 3 scholarship. If you are on a foundation degree, you can also achieve a scholarship if you are a top achiever in Year 0 for a scholarship for Year 1.
ARU London provides a number of scholarships each year across our three postgraduate intakes. All applicants are offered the chance to receive a scholarship of up to 50% off their Master’s Degree.
We’ve structured our degrees to be taught across a unique two-to-three-day timetable. Our timetable won’t only cut down on your travel costs making your Travel Bursary go further, but will also allow you to find meaningful part-time work throughout your studies. Therefore, ARU London students can begin saving towards their tuition fees or living costs immediately.
We also offer an evening and weekend study mode for selected undergraduate degrees. These full-time degrees can be an ideal solution if you are looking to start a degree but a standard daytime timetable doesn’t work for you.
The Attendance Bursary has been designed to help students cover the costs of studying at university in the city each semester. Eligible students will receive a payment of £250 each year of the degree to receive £500 in total.
- Studying an undergraduate degree
- 90% minimum attendance across all modules for the semester
- Submitted all assessments on time (If an assessment offence has been proven, it will be considered as non-submission)
The eligibility of students will be assessed at the end of Semester 1 and Semester 2. If you qualify to receive the Attendance Bursary for Semester 1, the required attendance and assessment criteria would have to be maintained during Semester 2 to qualify for the second payment at the end of Semester 2.
- For qualifying students, the payment will be £250 after the assessment results are confirmed for Semester 1, and £250 after results are confirmed for Semester 2.
- You will be notified by e-mail as to what date you can expect payment to be made.
- Should you qualify for Attendance Bursary, you will be able to enter your bank details in a secure repository on VLE which will be used by Finance to make the payment. You will be solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of these details. ARU London will not be liable for any loss as a result of incorrect payment details.
- You can keep track of your attendance online through the VLE and this is updated on a daily basis.
- Please note that if you touch in or failed to enter the zoom meeting later than 10:30 (if you have a lecture in the morning) and 14.30 (if you have a lecture in the afternoon), you will be marked as absent.
- If you believe you are having a technological issue with your attendance card, please make an attendance enquiry through VLE for assistance.
ARU London reserves the right to withdraw the bursary at any time if deemed necessary. If a student is found using any attendance card other than their own, they will disqualify themselves and any other parties involved from receiving any future bursaries and will be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
This bursary is designed to cover transport costs and as a result, it is linked directly to your use of transport to attend university. However, due to Covid-19, we are aware students are less likely to use a form of transport to attend university.
*Please note if you tap in / join your online class past 10:30 am (morning lectures) or 14:30 pm (afternoon lectures) you will be considered as absent for that session.
If you have any issues with your attendance, please email the attendance team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any enquiries about the bursary, please email the finance team at: email@example.com
To read our Attendance Bursary FAQs click here.